- Location: 325 Crest Road, Ridgewood, NJ
- Dates & Times: Friday/Saturday; June 21-22; 10-3pm (No Sunday Hours)
– Numbers: Friday @ 9am
Directions: Route 17 North; Exit Linwood Ave West; Right Maple; Left Glen; Left Heights Rd; Keep Bearing left to Crest
Find the home on Google Maps.
- Mobile & text at the sale:
- Ann: 201-264-6103
- Anneliese 201-264-6023
- Office 201-652-0757
- Subscribe to our email list to receive notices of upcoming sales.
- Forms of payment: This sale cash, local check with ID, Venmo payment (you must have the app on your phone!) or debit / credit card ($300 minimum).
- Everything sold as is. This is private home – no food or drinks allowed and no use of the bathrooms!
- Movers: we do not have movers on site but can refer you to local movers. We do often have guys at the sale who can help you get items to your car – tipping is GREATLY appreciated!!!
- Bags & wrap needed; however, if you bring your own tote we reserve right to inspect contents or place your name on it & leave with door guy….. Thanks
This is yet another wonderfully appointed traditional Ridgewood home on one of the prettiest streets in Ridgewood with views over looking the city (it’s just around the bend from another sale we had on the same street a few weeks ago…)
Patio: Woodard square dining table with 10 chairs; outdoor rug; Kingsley Bates teak garden bench; Hummingbird bird bath; large terra cotta planters; Peba cast stone planters; Weber Spirit propane gas grill; MORE……….
Art; Books; CDs; LPs; games/toys; Christmas; antique German ceramic canister set; Pacemaster Pro select treadmill; TVs; Audio;
Kitchen items – serve wares; stemwares; toaster; waffle maker; copper;
- Kindel dining table with leaves & 8 Chippendale style chairs;
- Leather sofa & ottoman; Maitland Smith coffee table; a number of neutral upholstered pieces including a Laura Ashley high back sofa; pairs of upholstered easy chairs; 3 cushion sofas; Ethan Allen leather club chair; upholstered swivel rocker; pair bamboo arm chairs; Bistro 3 piece set;
- Georgian Furnishings marble top Chippendale style console; a pair of rolling stools with matching arm chairs; Bauhaus blue striped loveseat; adjustable round side table;
- Painted console cabinet & cupboard in garden themes;
- Vintage mahogany tables; library table; small drop side coffee table; bedroom chest, dresser, mirror & night stand; expanding console table; ottomans; lamps; mirrors;
- Queen carved 4 poster bed plantation style;
- White bedroom pieces – Lexington: dressers – double & triple; night stands; desk with hutch; cheval mirror; high chest; mirrors; mattress sets;
- This End Up furniture – desk & chair; end tables; 3 drawer chests; trunk; bench;
- Pine Furniture: bookshelf, dresser, mirror, desk & small storage chest; Vintage green pleather chair;
Rugs: Oriental room size; sisal; Schumacher area rug; MORE…..
Women’s XS – 8 & Men’s XL clothing – Brooks Bros suits & ties;Free People, BCBG, Ann Taylor, Lily Pulitzer, J. Crew;
Costume jewelry – Alex & Ani; J. Crew; sterling rings; Tiffany 14k & sterling bangle & “m” necklace; pierced earrings; many bracelets; watches; maybe MORE……….
Garage: Ladders; Thule bike car rack; Igloo rolling cooler; Tital Control Max 1700 sprayer; tools; Radio Flyer Traveler; Chain Saw; Craftsman 10” table saw with stand; Craftsman mitre saw; Schwinn Mesa Runner; Electra Coaster 7; lawn & garden chemicals; wine storage rack; all sorts of useful stuff! MORE…..
Once our services are engaged for a tag sale, we generally work in your home for the week prior to the sale. Our tag sales are usually run on a Friday and Saturday however this can be tailored to your specific needs.
Prior to the sale we:
- Organize, stage, inventory and photograph all items for sale (We protect our clients by putting aside personal effects to avoid identify theft.)
- Designate traffic & private areas clearly with large signs
- Research – we are appraisers and use our vast knowledge to establish fair market value for all items – all items are researched prior to each sale to determine current values
- Price – by the day before the sale we make it a priority to price all items with large posters and /or price tags
- Advertise – we promote the sale on our website, on EstateSales.net, through local newspapers, and if permitted by the town, use free standing directional signs. Here is a sample of how we advertise our sales.
- Email – secure Constant Contact email service to over 2300 dedicated customers
During the actual days of sale:
- We employ a door person and use a number system for crowd control
- We have a set cashier at a cash table who collects the money and makes an ongoing list of items and their selling prices (you will receive a copy of this list)
- We make sure we have enough knowledgeable staff to secure the house and contents
- We use an effective silent bidding process for higher end items allowing for maximum prices to be realized
- After an item is sold it is the responsibility of the buyer to pack and remove purchases. If they are large items, we can refer movers to facilitate the process.
After the sale we do not provide a clear out service since we feel it is a conflict of interest. We do have a network of people whose work ethic and professionalism has been tested for years and we would be happy to refer them you or link up with them on your behalf.
We provide both estate and insurance appraisals and can work with individuals, executors, lawyers and accountants.
When preparing written appraisals, we write them in accord with the Valuation Standards and Professional Appraisal Practices as outlined by the Appraisal Foundation in the 2014-2015 Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) and the Principles of Practice and the Code Ethics of the Appraisers Association of America. After receiving her Certificate in Appraisal Studies through NYU/ SCPS, Anneliese O’Hea consistently updates her USPAP qualification every two years.
Using our knowledge and vast professional network, we also have the ability to broker items for you into auction or via private sale. This can be determined on an individual basis.
Allow us to introduce ourselves. Ann Snow Scherring started her business as a Personal Property Liquidator in northern New Jersey over 30 years ago. Her philosophy is to provide a unique service liquidating the contents of homes with the utmost discretion and empathy for the clients going through this process. Anneliese Scherring O’Hea, Ann’s daughter, after many years experiencing the auction market joined the family business full time.
When we run a tag sale for you one or both of us is ALWAYS onsite during the set up and actual sale days.
Our service is to act as a middle person or agent between the buyer and our client, whether for one item, a collection or the entire house contents. As professionals in this business we can handle any item from high end antiques, art, fine jewelry, collectibles, coins, stamps, ephemera, books, records, clothing , workshops and general household items.
With a well established selling network, we appeal to a continually growing directed customer base and consistently command higher prices.
Our first meeting with the client is a free consultation to assist them in making effective decisions to plan a move, liquidate an estate or arrange for the sale of individual items. Concerns about family antiques and heirlooms can be addressed at this time. Our best bit of free advice is not to throw anything away until you meet with us.