- Dates & Times:
See location on Google maps.
- Contact Numbers during sale: (and feel free to text)
- Anneliese 201-264-6023
- eMail: email@example.com
- Subscribe to our email list to receive notices of upcoming sales.
There are no images in this gallery.
Once our services are engaged for a tag sale, we generally work in your home for the week prior to the sale. Our tag sales are usually run on a Friday and Saturday however this can be tailored to your specific needs.
Prior to the sale we:
- Organize, stage, inventory and photograph all items for sale (We protect our clients by putting aside personal effects to avoid identify theft.)
- Designate traffic & private areas clearly with large signs
- Research – we are appraisers and use our vast knowledge to establish fair market value for all items – all items are researched prior to each sale to determine current values
- Price – by the day before the sale we make it a priority to price all items with large posters and /or price tags
- Advertise – we promote the sale on our website, on EstateSales.net, through local newspapers, and if permitted by the town, use free standing directional signs. Here is a sample of how we advertise our sales.
- Email – secure Constant Contact email service to over 2300 dedicated customers
During the actual days of sale:
- We employ a door person and use a number system for crowd control
- We have a set cashier at a cash table who collects the money and makes an ongoing list of items and their selling prices (you will receive a copy of this list)
- We make sure we have enough knowledgeable staff to secure the house and contents
- We use an effective silent bidding process for higher end items allowing for maximum prices to be realized
- After an item is sold it is the responsibility of the buyer to pack and remove purchases. If they are large items, we can refer movers to facilitate the process.
After the sale we do not provide a clear out service since we feel it is a conflict of interest. We do have a network of people whose work ethic and professionalism has been tested for years and we would be happy to refer them you or link up with them on your behalf.
We provide both estate and insurance appraisals and can work with individuals, executors, lawyers and accountants.
When preparing written appraisals, we write them in accord with the Valuation Standards and Professional Appraisal Practices as outlined by the Appraisal Foundation in the 2014-2015 Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) and the Principles of Practice and the Code Ethics of the Appraisers Association of America. After receiving her Certificate in Appraisal Studies through NYU/ SCPS, Anneliese O’Hea consistently updates her USPAP qualification every two years.
Using our knowledge and vast professional network, we also have the ability to broker items for you into auction or via private sale. This can be determined on an individual basis.
Allow us to introduce ourselves. Ann Snow Scherring started her business as a Personal Property Liquidator in northern New Jersey over 30 years ago. Her philosophy is to provide a unique service liquidating the contents of homes with the utmost discretion and empathy for the clients going through this process. Anneliese Scherring O’Hea, Ann’s daughter, after many years experiencing the auction market joined the family business full time.
When we run a tag sale for you one or both of us is ALWAYS onsite during the set up and actual sale days.
Our service is to act as a middle person or agent between the buyer and our client, whether for one item, a collection or the entire house contents. As professionals in this business we can handle any item from high end antiques, art, fine jewelry, collectibles, coins, stamps, ephemera, books, records, clothing , workshops and general household items.
With a well established selling network, we appeal to a continually growing directed customer base and consistently command higher prices.
Our first meeting with the client is a free consultation to assist them in making effective decisions to plan a move, liquidate an estate or arrange for the sale of individual items. Concerns about family antiques and heirlooms can be addressed at this time. Our best bit of free advice is not to throw anything away until you meet with us.